View Single Post
Old 01-16-2016, 02:57 PM   #563
Ohio

Default Re: How Much To Throw Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post
Excellent question. After all these years out of the Movement (about 20yrs now) my observation and experience tells me that it is different things for different people.

Of course the most significant leaven, in my view, is the over estimation and appreciation for the person and work of Witness Lee.

Finally, the purging of the leaven takes time...lots and lots of time. After 20 years I'm still purging. For some of us, some leaven was so ingrained within our hearts and minds, we will probably take it to our graves.
I would supplement your description of leaven to include judgmentalism and elitism, both ingredients of Laodicean pride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
Thanks, Unto Him. I agree with your answer, with exception to totally throwing out calling on the Lord and pray reading. Both have biblical basis, and when biblically practiced render much benefit. But, I have thrown out mindless and Spiritless calling on the Lord and pray-reading, and thinking they are the magical answer to all that has been promoted and too often practiced in the Lord's recovery. I like to ask Jesus into my every situation and thought by invoking His name, and taking the word by means of all prayer and petition to this day (also after being out for many years).
I definitely agree with JJ's observation of calling on the Lord. Here in the GLA, we had older brothers who warned about such vain practices, and I thank the Lord for that. But for those in the LCM who vainly, robotically, and mechanically chanted the Lord's name in choral unison at trainings without any reality, it would be best to chuck that practice completely.