View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 10:44 PM   #23
zeek

Default Re: Living with an LC spouse...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearbear View Post
My aunt was in an unhappy marriage and on the edge of divorce. Both probably would have ended it had they not been Christians. However God led them to a healthy church after leaving the LCs and their marriage was saved after both my aunt and uncle were transformed by Gods love. I noticed the change in their relationship and after I left the LCs I decided to give their church a try seeing how much they grew to love Jesus and their growth in humility. They've long been small group leaders since then and have helped to transform many other lives through the love of God.

The thing is we don't know the future but God does. If we base our decisions on our feelings we could be shortchanging ourselves. So we trust in God and lean not on our own understanding and He will make our paths straight. (Prov 3:5-6)
It's true we don't know the future. So, responsible people make these decisions with fear and trembling. It is said that God knows people's hearts. That being the case, it would seem to make sense for us to get to know our own. Which do you think is ultimately more important, to live authentically or to follow the rules? Think of the unruly prodigal son and his ruly homey brother. Who received the greater reward? They say the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Ken Gemmer- Church in Detroit, Church in Fort Lauderdale, Church in Miami 1973-86

zeek is offline   Reply With Quote