View Single Post
Old 12-27-2017, 08:29 PM   #12
Ohio

Default Re: New to this Website

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baruch View Post
Thank you Kumbaya, Ohio and others for your posts! I will definitely take a look at the books listed as resources on the history of the brethren. As a side note, there is a group of Plymouth Brethren in Queensland, Australia who have really taken the idea of "Exclusive" to an extreme level. They won't even eat with anyone else but other members of the group. They number about 40,000 and are very controversial in Australia.

I have a question about the "Shouters" in China. Did these house churches eventually grow out of the remnant of the Little Flock members who stayed in China after the communists took over? The government considers them a cult and there is conflicting evidence as to whether they are connected to the local churches (I assume the church in Taipei). Of course there are thousands of other house churches in mainland China in addition to the government sanctioned Christian churches. I read that there was a tremendous Christian revival in China after the cultural revolution and there are probably as many born again Christians in China as there are in the U.S.
LSM has recently disavowed any connection with "shouters" in order to protect their image.

One off-shoot of the shouters is the "Lord Changhow" sect, which is Lee's name in Chinese. These have begun to worship him, taking the Minister of the Age title to new heights. Another one is the Eastern Lightning cult. The poster aron has written much about these aberrant LC splinter groups.

Exclusive Brethren have become super strange. One legality is that they cannot eat with unsaved family members older than 12 years. Another is the rule that their underground sewer lines can not be shared with unbelievers. The true Darby lineage is the most strange. The sooner in time that they had excommunicated you, the better your chances of normality. They have a similar lineage of leaders as the RC popes. One of tnem, James Taylor Jr, who succeeded James Taylor Sr., had the morals of Philip Lee. JTsenior was the one who excommunicated W. Nee.