View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 02:22 PM   #5
Unregistered

Default Re: Life after the LC

This is a message for Freedom and those young men like him on this website. I cannot even begin to tell you how much my heart hurts for you as you describe your feelings of social isolation! While I do believe that some--and perhaps most--of this has been caused by the LC, I also know (from years of experience with young people) that today's young people have formed a society that is hard, cold, and, yes, even cruel and heartless. You have not dated and feel disturbed and bothered by this. BUT, I have counseled many Christian young men and women who HAVE dated and have been rejected and--to a great degree-- destroyed by it. So--what I am saying is that your situation is NOT the worst-case scenario by far. It is lonely and very much alone, but I have spoken with many young people who are deeply scarred by the social world around them. You are unscarred. You are untried and lonely, but not wounded and scarred by another. Consider yourself blessed in many ways. Honest! If you wish to date/socialize with Christian women, simply to go a Sunday School class of a good Baptist church, Pentecostal church, or any non-denominational and evangelical church. Choose one of a rather large size in order to be sure there will be young people there in good number who are ALSO searching for what you are searching for. I can absolutely guarantee you that there are many young women desperately seeking Christian young men to date. Get involved and listen to how they talk and watch how they act. In this way, you can select those who are most Christ-centered. And I also suggest E-harmony online dating. Several young people I know have experienced success in dating after joining. Whatever works for you, do it. I wish you all the best as you go forward! May God help you to find that special someone to join you in your life journey in the Lord!