Thread: What is true?
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 09:20 AM   #32
Sons to Glory!

Default Re: What is true?

My comments in blue:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillseekingtruth View Post
About 5 years ago an elder in the LR told me to go ahead and listen to Christian radio and see how 'wrong' they are. That's almost unbelievable - how elite can one get and still breath!?Well, I took him up on it. They're not 'wrong.' Either way, I listented to Alistair Begg and John MacArthur. MacArthur has a lot of books out. The Gospel According to Jesus. The Gospel Accoding to God. (Notice there isn't the Gospel According to Witness Lee?) I just got stung with a thought "Now I'm going to hell for speaking against WL." Ok, reject that thought. Yes, bro - a lie from the pit! Perfect love casts out all fear! Anyway, I don't know if they're still in the LR if they will be open to listen or read anything or anyone other than those approved by WL.

I got about halfway through The Power of Prayer in a Believer's Life by Charles Spurgeon. I read it with my WL "glasses" on but it is very clear and very good. Hope that helps a bit.

There is also an app called Sermon Audio that has a ton of Christian preachers. First, they have to be willing to step out of their comfort zone and fear and be willing to listen to someone other than WL and his approved list. I can't believe that I too swallowed that TOTAL LIE!
The Lord delivered me from that lie of fear over 20 years ago, and I can't tell you how rich I find the writings and speakings of those who are in no way associated with LSM!
The only thing I will say that there is not so much "out there" regarding the cross and the building of the church, and to some degree the indwelling Christ/and experiencing Him. But if you seek and dig, you will find many others who speak about these in a wonderful way!