View Single Post
Old 07-27-2019, 05:14 AM   #179
aron

Default The Ballad of Chichi Woo

On the Jo Casteel FB page, there's a new poster going by "Chichi Woo", whose output consists of ministry snippets, ministry links, bible verses, and generic spiritual-seeming statements. No actual interaction or critical engagement with what's written by others.

So the question is naturally raised: is this a bot? A computer-generated algorithm? Some kind of spoof? Or a real LSM acolyte peppering social media with ministry bits? Is there any way to tell?

By comparison, years ago I chanced upon a website apparently run by an alt-right fire-breather. It was all about blacks and Jews and heathen and "fallen races" being cast aside. It was very Westboro Baptist Church, if you know what I mean. But it was wayyy over the top, and eventually I realised it was a spoof site run by an atheist antagonist of such positions.

The writer was clearly relishing (too much) the coming suffering of all those who wouldn't submit to their theology, and the language was just too colorful, too graphic. That gave it away. But it was certainly engaging and it made its point.

Now as to Chichi Woo... hard for me to tell a spoof from the real thing, in this case. And that's a rather sad testimony.