Thread: Outer Darkness?
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 04:36 PM   #259
Drake

Default Re: Outer Darkness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sons to Glory! View Post
Okay, sounds right. But I do think these days the reality of the Bema is coming out more and more in Christian writings (although I don't hear it spoken much). As said, the two books I mentioned were both published in the last few years. Others are also starting to share more about Bema accountability including Chuck Missler. It's about time and we all need it!

In our business, we get paid to help others be accountable to their own goals. While reaching the goal itself is certainly an incentive, of course not attaining it is a loss. Benefits to be enjoyed; losses to be avoided. Kind of like double motivation, eh?

I was talking to a brother about this yesterday and it occurred to me that in Matthew 25 we are shown two positive instances of faithful servants, and just one instance of what happened with the unfaithful servant. I don't think that was written happenstance (of course not!) - God wants us to be doubly encouraged as He is the God of all encouragement! But He also want's us to be fully aware of the consequences of not gaining the prize.
Spot on.

The parable of the virgins in Matthew 25 is another good illustration of this.... all were virgins... some made it into the wedding feast... and some didn't.

Drake
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote