Thread: Outer Darkness?
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 02:54 AM   #221
Evangelical

Default Re: Outer Darkness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
I numbered the post in question. Let the reader decide if I misrepresented your statement.

For all of your indignation you mount no defence. If you can show an extensive paper trail of scripture commentary going back thru Clement of Alexandria and Origen we might think differently. Otherwise we conclude that this "thousand years of torment" is a recent idea, designed to paper over the perceived gap between OSAS Calvinism and Arminianism.
As an independent reader I have reviewed Drake's post in question. He stated that it comes from a "correlation between parables".
This was interpreted by you as "an amalgam of human imagination".

"correlation between parables" means that he has inferred from the parables that the doctrine is most likely a true proposition. Drake said "I never suggested or implied such a thing. Rather, I said just the opposite", meaning, he did not imply the use of human imagination but rather deductive reasoning.

Therefore, to declare it to be "of the imagination" would be a misrepresentation of his statement. Drake did not engage in the use of imagination, but rather a logical conclusion arrived at by correlating parables by the use of reason.

Maybe it is because English is not your native language, but the dictionary definition of the word "correlation" is the process of establishing a relationship or connection between two or more things., which does not imply the use of one's imagination, but rather, sound reasoning.
Evangelical is offline   Reply With Quote