View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 09:21 AM   #384
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Re: Poor, poor Christianity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
specially since it contradicts the Lord in the gospels.
My good friend awareness has a nasty habit of thinking that if he repeats a demonstrable falsehood enough, he can turn a lie into the truth. To say that the Lord Jesus in Revelation contradicts the Lord Jesus in the Gospels shows gross ignorance at best, and at worst is having one foot on a banana peal and the other on the edge of blasphemy. Simply stated, awareness is confusing the age of grace with the judgement that is to come. Grace came through the Lord Jesus, and judgement shall be meted out by the Lord Jesus. The Word is very clear on this, and it is also clear that this is all done under the administration and good pleasure of God the Father, in accordance with his will and in his chosen timing.

Here's some applicable examples of the Lord Jesus in the Gospels:

Then he will say to those on his left, "Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels"...Then he will answer them, saying, "Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me." And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Matthew 25:41,45-46

The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day.
John 12:48

Not much time for me this morning to give some of the other myriad of Gospel passages, but trust me there are many more.

I'll leave you with this:

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
Hebrews 13:8
-
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote