View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 11:13 AM   #201
Jo S

Default Re: Now's good

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
If you read my history here on this site, I'm nothing if not opinionated. But I also strongly feel that we've been given a ministry of reconciliation, and was just making a general point of that. Our thoughts ultimately should serve the reconciliation, and should not lift us beyond the rest.

As I get older I become more acutely aware of how little I know. Lee, on the other hand, seems to have hardened with age. He once told us he hadn't learned anything from anyone else for 40 years! What spirit was at work there?

Anyway, perhaps my point didn't need to be made. I just like to periodically remind myself.
Fair enough. Do you have a testimony here online? If so, I will try to find it.

Anyway, I suppose the point I was trying to make was that it seems that a lack of confidence in one's own thinking is what gets most LC'ers in trouble. Now that's just from my observations both reading testimonies and from personally knowing many current LC'ers. It's not actually the use of your own critical thought that causes divisions. It's not the end all be all, God's word is, but it can help to guard you.

Perhaps Lee's logic did cause divisiveness but if his followers had not given validity to his thoughts then it would have had the power and effect that it had.

My point is, don't be afraid to use logic to understand or defend scripture but it has to be your own. It may help at the very least act as a buffer to protect you from following those that have great confidence in themselves and their own flawed logic. The only danger is solely relying on one's own understanding and letting that seperate you from the one that will never lead you astray.

If I have confidence in myself, it's not really me that I have confidence in but the one who is in me. Needless to say it's a strong foundational relationship with Christ, first and foremost, that will ultimately keep you out of harms way.
Jo S is offline   Reply With Quote