View Single Post
Old 12-21-2023, 11:23 AM   #485
Ohio

Default Re: Poor, poor Christianity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACuriousFellow View Post
Witness Lee has certainly said many interesting things regarding "The Lord's Recovery" and "Christianity/Christendom."

Here's a list of fascinating quotes I've compiled from the "ministry" of The Lord's Recovery. I hope this provides some more sufficient background information and points of reference for those who happen upon this thread. It is by no means exhaustive, but I believe it will prove useful to curious minds.
WL had a way of negatively characterizing the whole of Protestant Christianity based on a few bad actors. Then he would positively characterize the whole of the Recovery based on a few exciting tests/testimonies of young people. Classic spin characteristic of Politicians.

I definitely would distinguish Protestant "Christianity" from Roman Catholic "Christendom." Remember Paul's word, "In a great house are both gold and silver vessels unto honor and wooden and earthen vessels unto dishonor." (2 Tm 2.20)

We should not mince words, however, since John's Apocalypse definitely characterizes Roman Catholicism as "BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF PROSTITUTES AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH." (Rev 17.5)