View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 07:48 AM   #130
Steel
Moderated Member

Default Re: Whistleblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Brother Steel,

You have jumped into a hornet's nest of controversy here. Probably you had no idea.
My brother Ohio...

I "...jump into..." hornets nests almost every day as I participate in online forum discussions... And I've been doing so for some almost twenty years.

I mourn this... But I'm not fearful of it... As He who is in me is greater than he who is in any hornet's nest.

Quote:
Let me say in passing, that I have little objection to how any of the elders in any of the local churches decide to love and serve the Lord. That's really none of my business.
Well... I'd say that the well-being of the body of Christ should be the most important concern for all born again believer's in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 6:10... "So then, as we have the opportunity, let us do what is good toward all, but especially toward those of the household of the faith."

And seeing that scripture tells us that God is after one thing... The built up church, we should most of all care for His body of believers, as this is to...

Psalms 100:2... "Serve Jehovah with rejoicing; Come before His presence with joyful singing."

Quote:
But should I not be a little honest with others like you about how LSM sent their lawless agents throughout Midwest area local churches a decade ago and divided up every one of them?
This is the way of the fallen old man... Divide and conquer.

Those who propagated the British Empire exemplified this way.

The folly Roman Catholic religious institution exemplifies this way.

Folly Christianity exemplifies this way.

Should believers in these local churches not have been aware of this way of the fallen old man and been prepared for it by seeking the Lord regarding it?

Scripture tells us to always be watchful...

Ephesians 6:18... "By means of all prayer and petition, praying at bevery time in spirit and watching unto this in all perseverance and petition concerning all the saints,..."

Colossians 4:2... "Persevere in prayer, watching in it with thanksgiving,..."

And to have the following mindset...

Psalms 16... "Preserve me, O God, for I take refuge in You... I say to Jehovah, You are my Lord; No good have I beyond You;... As for the saints who are on the earth, they are the excellent; All my delight is in them... The sorrows of them who bartered for some other god will be multiplied; Their drink offerings of blood I will not offer, Nor will I take up their names upon my lips... Jehovah is the portion of my inheritance and of my cup; You maintain my lot... The measuring lines have fallen on pleasant places for me; Indeed the inheritance is beautiful to me... I will bless Jehovah, who counsels me; Indeed in the nights my inward parts instruct me... I have set Jehovah before me continually; Because He is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken... Therefore my heart rejoices and my glory exults; Even my flesh dwells securely... For You will not abandon my soul to Sheol, Nor let Your Holy One see the pit... You will make known to me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand there are pleasures forever."

And...

1 Peter 3:14-15... "But even if you suffer because of righteousness, you are blessed. And do not be afraid with fear from them, nor be troubled,... But sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, being always ready for a defense to everyone who asks of you an account concerning the hope which is in you,..."

A believer can choose to look at humanity...

Or to look only at Christ Jesus.

Maybe God allows what He allows for the purpose of exposing what/who we are looking at.

Quote:
Perhaps you know nothing of these unrighteous and divisive activities. Perhaps you were not in the least bit involved. Neither did you witness all the other corruption I and others lived thru back in the 70's, 80's, and 90's.
I know some things about various things that have been experienced by believers who fellowship in local churches.

But I wasn't a witness to what things took place in the '70s-'90s... As God did not place me in the LSM associated local church until 2003.

What then are you suggesting...

That I look back... And in doing so ignore looking forward?

Quote:
Personally I believed all the stories WL and LSM presented to us, believing that "ambitious men" were out to destroy LSM, and never was able to learn both sides of the story.
And perhaps therein was your error, and the error of many others who suffered, and continue to suffer from the things that took place.

Scriture tells us that only God is good.

So why think that humanity is good.

I don't.

We are called to love our neighbors... Not trust them.

We are called to fellowship with our brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus... Not believe in them.

Hebrews 12:1-2... "Therefore let us also, having so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, put away every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us and run with endurance the race which is set before us,... Looking away unto Jesus, the Author and Perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down on the right hand of the throne of God."

"...Looking away unto Jesus, the Author and Perfecter of our faith..."

That's it.

Nothing else matters.

Quote:
I and many others were greatly deceived,..."
John 16:13... "But when He, the Spirit of reality, comes, He will guide you into all the reality; for He will not speak from Himself, but what He hears He will speak; and He will declare to you the things that are coming."

Do you have this Spirit of reality?

If you are a born again eternally saved believer in Christ Jesus... You most certainly do.

And if you do... Then you could have been guided into all reality regarding any situation you encountered.

And the same is true of other born again believers.

Do you not believe this truth that scripture reveals?

Quote:
...and that's why we are on this forum, so that ones like you can make informed decisions about the ministry you are embracing, and more children of God will not be hurt or stumbled.
My brother...

According to scripture...

The best things any brother or sister in Christ can do for another brother or sister in Christ... Is to turn to the Lord in their regenerated Spirit and take Christ as their center/source of their life, living, and being.

I don't need you to give me the knowledge you believe you have acquired from past experiences...

I need you to give me the Christ you have gained from past experiences of your abiding and expressing Him.

2 Corinthians 3:18... "But we all with unveiled face, beholding and reflecting like a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, even as from the Lord Spirit."

Psalms 27:4... "One thing I have asked from Jehovah; That do I seek: To dwell in the house of Jehovah All the days of my life, To behold the beauty of Jehovah, And to inquire in His temple."

Christ... Christ... And more Christ... This is the only true way to "...be well informed..." and avoid being "...hurt or stumbled...".
Steel is offline   Reply With Quote