View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 09:48 PM   #20
Koinonia

Default Re: Witness Lee's church puts a women's virginity above anything else

Quote:
Originally Posted by leastofthese View Post
Interesting that even years after graduating FTAA they use the concept of arranged marriage. I don't really think I even have a problem with the concept (haven't put much thought into it) but it is a very unusual practice in America. I remember FTTA grads asking elders to set them up at a training in Anaheim. For whatever reason, they were unable to talk to other FTTA's without first clearing it through an elder. I assumed the guys were just chicken to talk to the girls, but maybe there is more to it. I know one guy that even asked the girl if she would say yes IF he proposed... I've never heard of that before.

Do any FTTA grads on the site have details on these rules that they follow?
My wife and I are both FTTA graduates. After finishing the FTTA, I asked a coworker to check with my (now) wife to see if she was available, and if she was willing/interested to talk with me. That brother spoke with her, and then conveyed to me that she was "open." I then contacted her directly and asked her on a date. I think that's fairly normal practice, and many people do skip the "middle-man." I don't think it is fair to say that FTTA "arranges" marriages.
Koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote