View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 08:48 AM   #72
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: LSM's Sacrament - the "Ground of the Local Church" NIGEL TOMES

1. I did not use the Matt 5 quote in the way you are suggesting. All I am using that quote for is to point out that the way in which you treat a brother can result in a very serious judgment, even the Gehenna fire. That seems to me to a very reasonable understanding of that word. I do not in any way use it to make my case, other than the fact that a serious judgment is possible.

The key concept is given in the Matt 25 verse, which is echoed in the Acts 9 verse and then taught by Paul in the Epistles. The point is that everything you say that WL did to the saints can also be said that he did to the Lord.

Jesus said "as you did to the least of my brethren you have done also to me"

then again "Why persecutedst me".

You may not agree with this principle, but Witness Lee taught that there are two kinds of Christians:

Those who are redeemed by the Lord's blood and "stand on the proper ground"

and

Those that are redeemed by the Lord's blood but do not have "the proper stand".

To me, this teaching "denies the Lord who bought them".

I would argue that according to the NT there is only one kind of Christian and any teaching to the contrary violates the basic tenets of the faith and is a direct insult to the Lord Jesus and His work of redemption the cross. And that this is equivalent to what Peter was referring to when he said "they deny the Lord who bought them".
ZNPaaneah is offline   Reply With Quote