View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 08:35 PM   #7
countmeworthy

Default Re: Which books are in the LSM bibliography?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
And they might begin to think independently, and that would never do! God forbid anyone should begin to use their brain.

About 8 years after leaving the LCs, I was reading a book one day and heard this terrible cracking noise. At first I was frightened, then I realized it was just my brain beginning to function. Before that, every time I had read a book I would think, "Yeah, but WL says..."
That reminds me...
When I returned to the Lord full throttle 10-12 yrs ago, I would check Lee's footnotes in the NT RcV I had if I was reading an author's commentary on a particular topic or if I was contemplating a scripture I did not understand...and I had been out of the LC since 1979!!!

In my defense...or not.. I wandered in the wilderness for over 20 yrs, w/o attending a church service. I confess I was a closeted, secret defender of the LC ministry. Forcing myself to make the Christian circuit with all its twists and turns, up and downs, was the perfect prescription the Great Physician gave me to strip away the "old (LC) wine skin" and be filled with newness of Life.
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote