View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 09:26 AM   #59
Ohio

Default Re: Thoughts On The Libel Suit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post
And here you go again with the "cancel culture" nonsense. The only one who was attempting to "cancel" was Sons to Glory! He put his foot in his mouth (it happens to the best of us!) and he got called on his insensitivity, and in my view he stuck his foot further in his mouth in replies #34 and #43. As far as Nell's question to StG!, well he should be counting his blessings that she only let loose with one barrel. That's the good news. The bad news is that she's still got one barrel left.

Before we just "move on", I think this should be a lesson for all of us to really think hard before we hit that "Post Reply" button on the top left. If you have any doubts about how something your about to post will be taken, maybe it's best that you edit yourself first before replying, or maybe just don't post that particular post at all.
-
And that's what cancel culture is. Like a Twitter mob going after a post that differs, with the goal of shaming and silencing into submission. If you don't like STG's comments then just ignore him. Is that too hard? Where was STG being rude? I never saw it. Rather he is being canceled for his "insensitivity." Seriously? Here is the comment that "triggered" the backlash here:
Quote:
Yes . . . sorry for your experience. Maybe we should say "damaging cult" instead of "dangerous cult." Or maybe have a one to ten point scale for this. (1 might be "mildly milquetoast cult" to 10 "a Jonestownesque cult")
I thought this actually added much to the discussion. It's very informative to add some defining characteristics to the label "cult," is it not? If every Christian church I have ever encountered has been at some point labeled a "cult," (including Acts 29) then the label obviously is meaningless. Basically then a "cult" is just a sect (Acts 24.5) and like the once derogatory word "Christian." (Acts 11.26)

Sorry, UntoHim but you provoked the conflict here. Others just followed. Usually your posts calm things down. You just didn't try to encourage or help exChurchKid, but you had six-guns-a-blazing for STG. And not the first time. Without your posts, every thing prolly would have been fine.