Old 07-24-2008, 02:31 PM   #3
Thankful Jane

Quote:
Originally Posted by YP0534 View Post
Thankful?
Quote:
Originally Posted by YP0534 View Post

Are you kidding me?

I mean, I could believe it, I guess, because of the cultural context, but, it just seems so extreme!

Can you tell me where I could find this opinion in print? I've still got a bunch of old books on my shelf but I don't want this sort of thing in my house for sure! That's just ridiculous.

Honestly, the lack of knowledge of Christian history revealed in such a statement is astonishing. Women weren't even permitted speak on such topics for most of the last 2000 + years!

How can they be "silent in the church" and simultaneously the leaders of the heresies???
I wish I was kidding you.... “Extreme” is a word that WL wears well. I cannot tell you where this is in print. It may be one of the things that got edited out. Maybe someone else knows.

One thing for sure, the women who heard it, didn’t forget it. Since this statement is clearly not a product of logic, as you so eloquently stated, then it’s pretty clear that it’s a product of the enmity between Satan and the woman.

That you don’t want to have such a statement in your house warms my heart!!! You’re an okay dude, YP0534!

Thankful Jane
Thankful Jane is offline   Reply With Quote