View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 09:41 AM   #63
byHismercy

Default Re: I need a church life that isn't led astray!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post
ZNP and everyone.

Let's not get into a calvinism versus arminianism debate here on this thread. If I'm not mistaken, I think byHisMercy's main point was at the end of the opening post:

I think the free will deal was kind of a sidebar to his/her real concern - to find a fellowship that would be profitable and healthy for the whole family. I think the Lord will absolutely honor this longing and seeking.

So....let's not get in the Lord's way...maybe some of the forum members have had some good experiences with different churches, fellowships, ministries etc. I know for a fact that many have, because they have shared as much right here on this forum.

I have my two cents worth which I will dole out here shortly

-
Thanks, UntoHim. I look forward to it.....we live in North Idaho where churches are abundant, many different denominations, which I have ruled out.

The Baptist assembly I was excited about until reading their website, found that they will not receive ''alien baptism''. Nor fellowship with other Baptist assemblies which receive ''alien baptism''. It is very serious for them. I just can't get around the fact they literally had to make this term up to express it. I know they didn't get it from scripture. When I considered having to 'prove' my baptism by 'performing' it again for their sake, it had me in tears.

Even though I was baptized by the LC I consider it genuine because it was between me and Jesus. He knew my heart. I believe He honors it even though I now reject their teachings, their lies. This area, and maybe the world is this quagmire of denominations, keeping to false teachings, that must be dug through, avoided. So much added, so much taken away from, scripture. So much misinterpretation of it. It makes me sad and I think, they don't know, they don't know how careful they must be with the word of God. Where a little error can take them.....

But how merciful is He, even to reveal this to me. Such a short time ago I had my own blinders on....preventing me from recognizing this danger! What mercy! I love Jesus. I know that every heart seeking His face, He lifts the veil away...and He is good and faithful towards us....to do this.
byHismercy is offline   Reply With Quote