View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 02:16 PM   #159
aron

Default Re: Eating & Drinking Jesus Daily - who emphasizes this besides the LC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sons to Glory! View Post
If the Bible shows one thing it is the complete depravity of man
The Bible shows us two things, really: the complete depravity of man (you, me, David, Solomon etc etc etc) and the complete obedience of man (Jesus alone). Our faith is in the Second Adam and not the first. The whole problem with "enjoyment" in its various iterations is that it distracts us, from Christ to ourselves. Only his experiences are trustworthy. Yes, we are "enroute" as it were, but checking off the mile markers is delusional. Keep your hand on the plow and your eyes forward.

The above, of course, is my impression. Not a "truth" that I fight over. I judge no one's experience, nor take an antagonistic position. Just some thoughts from a fellow pilgrim along the way. But to me, "I come to do Your will, O God, behold in the scroll of the book is written concerning me" is Jesus Christ alone. Not me, exercising my spirit on the local ground (or off it). The "I" of scripture is Jesus Christ alone. Nothing else has value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sons to Glory! View Post

How about this one:

I’m walking down the road
That leads to glory.
I’m pressing toward the mark
By enjoying God!
I don’t know so much,
Just to love Him.
I’m walking down the road,
Glory, here I come.
With the brothers and the sisters,
We enjoy Him day by day.
It’s so simple and easy,
Our worries flee away.
Now we’re growing together,
As one big family,
Abiding in the joy of the Lord.
We enjoy You, Lord Jesus,
In our experience.
We’re getting to know You—
It’s making us leap and dance.
Just eating and drinking,
It’s what we do the best,
Delighting in the love of the Lord.
We’re walking, not running,
Cause we’re in the pasture land.
Our Shepherd is nearby,
We’re trusting in His hand.
He’s everything to us,
He’s all we ever need,
Resting in the peace of the Lord.
I pull this over from another thread because it's an example of what seduced me, initially. "So simple and easy" and "we enjoy you Lord Jesus in our experience" became the latest wacko directive from Anaheim. It wasn't so simple or easy, after all, nor enjoyable, nor did it look anything like the Jesus I saw in the gospels in the NT. I protested, and was ignored. The Oracle of Anaheim had spoken.

And look at the "I don't know so much" in the chorus. That was code for "shut your mind off", inculcating deliberate ignorance. As one Blended said, "I'm proud to be an ostrich with my head stuck in the sand" .. the One New Man, Witness Lee style.