View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 04:40 AM   #14
InChristAlone

Default Re: Really CRI? Let's define a "Cult"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeitherFirstnorLast View Post
1) (excerpt from Wikipedia, ref. American sociologist Howard P. Becker), who defines "cults as deviant religious groups "derive their inspiration from outside of the predominant religious culture".[7] This deviation is often thought to lead to a high degree of tension between the group and the more mainstream culture surrounding it, a characteristic shared with religious sects.[8] Sociologists still maintain that unlike sects, which are products of religious schism and therefore maintain a continuity with traditional beliefs and practices, "cults" arise spontaneously around novel beliefs and practices.[9]

...I've said enough. I don't even know that I have peace for this much...
NeitherFirstnorLast, I also had a shock when I realized the LRC was a cult. I had read some negative articles and posts about the LC, in English and my native language, but I didn't really bother. I thought the LRC was just another Christian church, a bit extreme but a church. I never enjoyed their practices and meetings (except praising the Lord with hymns), but I took part in them because of my wife. Saints were always nice and the words they were saying seemed to be good. Thank God, the forum and brothers' testimonies helped me to realize the truth.

Brother Lisbon, they say "Focus on the journey, not the destination". But in our case, it's not about the journey. It's about reaching the destination. May the Lord be with you.