View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 02:22 AM   #27
aron

Default Re: I need a church life that isn't led astray!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB482 View Post
byHismercy,The Church life has been in a state of ruin since the end of the first century A.D. that is why the Apostle John instructed the saints to go back to the beginning. The Lord Jesus has always been faithful to meet the needs of the saints whatever the state of the professing Church has been...
I don't think "a state of ruin" is too strong. The Church in toto has been in a state of ruin, and this has resulted in various attempts at recovery or reformation or restoration, which merely modify the ruins somewhat, and pronounce themselves satisfied. My analogy is that they camp out in the desert, proclaiming that they're in the Good Land. "Here we are on Mount Zion!" What makes it Zion? Your declaration? What is the basis?

The good news is that once one realizes the state of abject ruin of things, one is free to fellowship with most anyone, without holding them to unrealistic expectations. If they confess Jesus as Lord, then we probably can meet, encourage, pray, testify & exhort, console & encourage, and be mutually edified & built up. I don't expect them to be at "the high peak of Zion" or "the central lane of the divine economy".

And on the other hand, if I receive those who confess the Lord then I have every expectation to be received as well, and that includes what the Lord speaks to me in his word. If I'm willing to listen to those who use Calvin as their muse, or Luther or Darby or Wesley or whomever, then they can hear me as well. Each one has.