View Single Post
Old 12-26-2017, 11:12 PM   #78
Boxjobox
Moderated Member

Default Re: The Son not forsaken (as much as we might think)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
I believe the Trinity shows us how to be one and love one another. It also helps us to name and define our God when describing Him to others and helps us to pray to Him.

What it does is give you a false god, requires you to teach and speak a different gospel, puts the church on a shakey foundation, and makes your prayers different than what Jesus taught us.

Jesus taught us to pray to Our Father. If someone thinks they are living Christ, or being transformed into the same image, they should pray to and have a dependence on God our Father just as Jesus- look at Matthew 4,5,6. Look at Paul's prayers in Eph. Jesus told us that our Heavenly Father desires such worship. “Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father. You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews. But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”” John‬ *4:21-24‬ *NKJV‬‬

One of the great fallacies of the LC is their constant praying to Jesus. This comes from misaimed ministery which relied on the triune god teaching. Having been through that, and come out the other side, I can only emphasize that there is great clarity when one drops that practice and begins praying to our Heavenly Father as Jesus taught. Not saying it's wrong to ever pray to our Lord Jesus, but if you consider the prayers in the NT, they are overwhelming to our Father, God.
I would say one reason people hold to the trinity hypothesis is the overemphasis on walking and talking to Jesus that really is a sentimental fairy tale for the most part. Jesus lived by his (and our) God and Father.

Catholics have the same sentimental praying to Mary "the mother of God". They totally believe it involves love, but it is off from the scripture. Evangelical, since you uphold long standing tradition over the simplicity of the scripture, do you also hold to Holy Mary the mother of God? I mean if Jesus is God, and Mary the mother of Jesus, your same formula should hold!

I would urge you to consider what the scripture clearly says One God the Father and one Lord Jesus the Christ. The gospel is that God so loved the world that he gave us His only begotten son- a triune god was not preached or taught by the apostles!
Boxjobox is offline   Reply With Quote