View Single Post
Old 01-25-2016, 08:10 PM   #589
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Re: How Much To Throw Out?

Thanks HERn for your encouraging testimony. It's always good to hear what the Lord is doing out there in "poor, poor, Christianity"

Seriously though, the simple truth is that God has been working through, in and among his people since the beginning about 2,000 years ago. He has NEVER stopped. Remember, our Lord's words: "I will build my Church". Only people like Witness Lee have ever made it seem like God wasn't keeping his promise. Another simple truth is that the people who are the biggest hindrance are the people who are trying so hard to help God out in his efforts. Well he doesn't really need our efforts - - "as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her...so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish. (Eph 5:25,27) It is Christ that did the giving himself up, and it is Christ who is going to do the presenting of his Church to himself.

How does all this practically work itself out? Well I think for starters it has to do with the things such as HERn has related to us in his testimony. This is how God is practically building and presenting his Church to himself, and NOT among people who sit all cooped up in a meeting hall declaring that "WE are the Church" and other fruitless, meaningless notions.

-
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote