View Single Post
Old 09-23-2015, 02:31 PM   #38
Lisbon

Default Re: The Local Church of Witness Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
Lately I have heard a lot of the "drop your concepts" mumbo jumbo. It seems to be a frequent theme, and it bothers me a lot. I will always have opinions and thoughts, it will be that way until the day I die. LCers are only fooling themselves if they think they can "get out of their mind" or "drop their opinions".
I once heard Lee say that only a piece of wood had no concepts. I also somewhat believe that some 75 years ago you would have been foolish to too strongly disagree with Einsteins conclusions about a lot of math and physics. Maybe that has changed. But WL had a bad track record even over the last fifty years of his life.
What happened in Taiwan and Phillipines is pure hearsay to me although I don't doubt it that much. I personally know of Lees coming to the U.S to sell men's clothes. To my knowledge that has never been said by the 'biographers'. Then Daystar, tennis rackets, restaurant business, church chairs. I believe many haven't heard of some of these but I invested in all but the chairs. The chairs were the most rewarding for many saints sat in them for quite a few years. They were cheap but you could sit in them.
But the no concepts thing of course is just for control. Maybe this is too mean, but I believe you kept your concepts to yourself in the days of Al Capone or you were found in a dark place dead. I remember asking two elders a question once and they just looked at each other, smiled, and said nothing. I was close to 70. Sort of a creepy feeling
Control is an animal foreign to the assembly Christ founded. He told His apostles they were to be servants.
Lisbon
Lisbon is offline   Reply With Quote