View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #91
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: Tips on Making Leaving the LC Easier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igzy View Post
I listen to my pastor. If God speaks to me through him, I listen. If not, I forget about it.
Why didn't you have that attitude in the LRC? I heard many talk about how after 10, 20, 30 years the Lord shined a light on some verse or teaching. I took the same attitude. If I didn't understand something I just figured the Lord could speak to me on that later.

No one ever checked up on me to see if I was following the latest teaching. I lived in corporate living and the other three brothers never kept tabs. We were far too busy living our lives.

If you didn't care about being in "the club" what power did they have over you? They were zealous after you that you might be zealous after them, but not in a good way.

The desire to "be in the club" is to be a respecter of persons and according to James that is evil. You cannot respect one person in the church without despising another. Once I saw that the same people that were held in high esteem in the church were the same ones that despised the one's that helped me the most I was inoculated.
ZNPaaneah is offline   Reply With Quote