View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 07:56 PM   #1
Bill W

Default The Ground Of The Church

John 17:20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; 21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. 22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: 23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Saints,when I was in the local churches from 1972-1990 I always wondered where in the world they conceived their doctrine "the ground of oneness." This doctrine was one the most distructive tools the enemy of God used to bring into captivity the minds of so many saints myself included.If we read the above verses,then you clearly see what the true "ground"of oneness is between "all" christians.It's the inward reality daily between us and our God,and not some objective doctrinal oneness.

You may have a doctrine of the ground of oneness with all saints,but what if you depart from Christ? Do you have the reality of such oneness as mentioned in John 17,or do you merely have a dead teaching with no reality.We need to be very careful to claim that we are on a ground of oneness because it can change although we have the doctrine.The point I am trying to make is that today I may proclaim to be something ,but tommorrow I may be something else.This is why our oneness with Christ is organic and fluctuates based on where we are today.

For any group of Christians to proclaim that they are on the unique 'ground of oneness"is absurb because it's a daily matter both individually and corporately.Saying something and convincing others that it's the truth doesn't make it true.What makes it true is when I subjectively abide in Christ with other saints based on John 17,then I am positioned to experience the true oneness of Christ.When I am dwelling in unity with all the saints in Him,then I am truly on the real sacred ground of oneness .

Don't let anyone deceive you with flattering words regarding how they alone are on the unique ground of oneness of the Church.Search the scriptures and examine for yourself what the truth in God's Word says about true oneness.Remember the Apostle Paul said that in the last days many shall depart from the faith giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of demons.Rightly dividing the Word of God and searching the scriptures to measure man's doctrines can keep us and our families from much heartache and misery from those ones whose intentions for us are something other than Christ.This is our responsibility before the Lord,and it is our right to instruct, reproof,and correct saints based on His Word.If fear keeps us from doing this matter,then we become servants of man and his organization and not servants to God and His organic union.Chose today whom you will serve,but as for me and my family we will serve the Lord!Grace and Mercy be with you all amen!

Last edited by Bill W; 10-17-2008 at 08:07 PM.
Bill W is offline   Reply With Quote