View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 10:58 AM   #79
Ohio

Default Re: Deputy Authority and Oneness

Quote:
Originally Posted by YP0534 View Post
I do not understand how that aspect of the one Body called its "oneness" is either unscriptural or divisive.
The "oneness of the body" can be manipulated to provide scriptural incentive for any controlling leader in the RCC, the Brethren, or the LC's. This phrase has been used in recent history by the BB's to manipulate all LC's into submission. It robs us of our liberty to be one with Christ, the Head of the body. At its basest level, it silences all "concerned brothers" to go along with the program, and not voice any concerns. Oneness with leadership is used to coerce uniformity and limit all expressions of so-called "individuality" of saints, the "distinctions" of gifts of gifted ministers, and the various churches in the body of Christ.

The early church, headed up by Rome, must have had many precious brothers who were very concerned about the downward slide into idolatry, formality, hierarchy, and the like. What silenced their voices? The oneness of the body. That is exactly what "Catholic" means. The voice of conscience gets overruled by the oneness of the body. This is the exact same battle which was waged at the Whistler quarantine.

I believe many BB's are concerned about the present course of LSM action. They were concerned when John Ingalls was quarantined, and they were concerned when TC was quarantined. They are concerned about the many lawsuits. They were concerned about the behavior of Philip Lee. They were concerned about the power vested in LSM. Why are they silent? The "oneness of the body" has silenced them. It sounds sooooo good, even almost scriptural, but it can be a tool in the hands of God's enemy. He has used "distorted oneness" for 2,000 years. He has become quite good at it.