View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 08:06 PM   #540
awareness

Default Re: A Wake Up Call - God is Speaking to Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell View Post
Awareness---this is not good. Maybe you think you're being "cute", but you're not. Lots of people are reading your posts and you've put yourself in the position of possibly causing God's children to stumble. You don't want that millstone around your neck. (Matt. 18:6)
Thanks for the warning about the millstone. It certainly doesn't sound pleasant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell
Why don't you give us a testimony of your faith? Your love for the Father, your acceptance of Jesus as your Savior, and your belief that the Bible is God's word...all of it? This will help all of us, because at this point, I don't know where you stand.
First of all I'm not the first to question the authenticity of Revelation. It goes back to the early days of Christianity. Just google "church fathers objection to revelation," and you'll learn a lot.

I'm also not the first to claim that it's a forgery. Dionysius the Bishop of Alexandria (c. 260 AD) claimed it to be a forgery. And Eusebius recorded others earlier had rejected Revelation, and some even claimed to know the guy who forged the book. A heretic by the name of Cerinthus.

And the faith of those that rejected Rev. wasn't ever questioned. So accepting or rejecting the book of Rev. is not an essential matter of the Christian faith. Either way does not determine the status of a Christian.

And to round out my response: My faith is in God, I'm in need of the salvation of Jesus, and the Bible is a very human book to me.