View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 08:19 AM   #1006
awareness
Moderator of Alternative Views

Default Re: My Unforgettable Memories: Watchman Nee and Shanghai Local Church - Dr.

You are a hard worker bro Andrew. Your posts are hard work for the reader too.

I suppose we're dealing with so many witnesses, and such great amount of data, that it's impossible to address this topic in brief compact posts.

The truly interested will hang in there. Thanks for your efforts Andrew. You're doing the heavy lifting and leg work, so to speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrkelly View Post
This is what we are up against Harold. Serpents and devils.
And what are these serpents and devils trying to accomplish? What are they trying to stop?

Are they trying to accomplish the discrediting of Nee, by bring him down from his exulted position, in the minds of his followers?

Are they trying to stop Nee's movement?

I've tried, and maybe failed, to make it clear that my concern is not so much if Nee was moral or not, but that Nee's movement deeply and total affects people's lives. I and everyone I knew was "all in" into Nee's movement. It framed my life from that point on. And here I am, decades later, prolly neurotically, still dealing with it. And I long ago let go of Nee. My interest in this is to completely understand what I was really giving my life to.

And all of these local church discussions, here and elsewhere, have revealed that there was a dark hidden side of the movement I was giving my whole life to. If I had I known about that dark side, it would have caused me to think twice about giving my life to it.

So I read Dr. Lily Hsu's book and it sounded like a sound testimony concerning Watchman Nee. That's how it struck me. I, and others I know, that have read Hsu's book walked away with that impression. Some were shocked by it, and some said, "Of course. To be expected."

The book did its job, of un-exulting Nee for me, and for others I know.

And it will continue to do that job in the minds of readers, even if you, Andrew, totally trash her book, and disprove every word.

And I think stopping Nee's movement is a worthy job. Cuz to me if Nee needs to be exulted for his movement to continue then, his movement is a personality cult, and needs to be stopped, even if by shifty and crafty communist atheists, or by inept historians, seeking to show Nee's human side.
There's enough religion in the world for people to hate each other. But not enough for people to love each other. There's a serpent in every paradise. Trusting in God is easy. It's trusting in man that requires a lot of faith.
Judaism is Satanic Catholicism is demonic and Christianity is christless - Witness Lee.
awareness is offline   Reply With Quote