View Single Post
Old 04-15-2017, 02:47 PM   #29
Drake

Default Re: The Bible Answer Man Converts to Eastern Orthodox Church!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koinonia View Post
I don't belong to any group. But even if I did, it wouldn't matter to me.

LC coworkers invested a ton of effort and resource into actively wooing Hanegraaff for years, wining and dining him, jetting him all over the world visiting churches in China, Taiwan, Korea, Europe, and around the US, giving him reserved seating at conferences and trainings (even joining coworkers meetings), instructing members to pray for him and his dwindling radio ministry, coaching him in theosis.

And after all that, Hanegraaff rejects the LC and joins Eastern Orthodoxy. That's embarrassing.
Koinonia,

Have you not read "forsake not the assembling of yourselves together"?

How do you square your not belonging to the apostles exhortation?

Now in regard to the Hankster.... you are assuming that introducing him, Eliott, Getchen, and CRI staff to the local churches was for the purpose of having them join. Not so. As one of the leading christian apologists organizations and one whose voice reaches around the world including to China, where the government uses anything to justify persecution of believers, the objective was due diligence to provide Hank and staff with a first person experience to the practises and teachings in the local churches. He did and the result was the article "We Were Wrong".

I know that irks you but, Hank never said he would join the Lord's Recovery, nor did say he agreed with all the teachings either. What he said was the previous objections were misunderstandings and running a more thorough review including one of the original researchers (Gretchen) they determined they were wrong about the teachings of the local churches CRI previously labeled heretical and the ministry and the teachings do fall within the pale of Christian orthodoxy and the believers should be embraced as fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.

Fact is, short of Hank joining this forum and engaging in the unbridled attacking of Witness Lee, nothing he would do could ever quench the insatiable appetite for accusing and slandering those believers in the local churches. And of course you justify in your head that attacking the messenger is also fair game. Yet, I don't think Hank really cares what this forum thinks. Rather, your assertions serve one purpose, they simply reinforce the beliefs you already own.

Drake
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote