View Single Post
Old 11-19-2017, 06:49 AM   #2013
Ohio

Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNPaaneah View Post
Wait, Roy Moore's secretary signed a student's yearbook and put in the restaurant where he was flirting with this waitress?

The issue with Roy Moore is that there is no crime that can be prosecuted. Either the event was too long ago, too little evidence or was not criminal.

No, the issue is character. If you are OK with a 30+ year old man cruising the mall to pick up teenagers, then this is a non issue. Other than the 14 year old girl there is no allegation of criminal behavior (as far as I have heard).
I'm not OK with predatory behavior by Moore. Neither was I OK with the accusations by Professor Anita Hill against Clarence Thomas. (There are other cases like this too.)

My point is and has been that the allegations are false.

The Democrats have an unhealthy advantage in our political system. When accusations come against them, i.e. Franken, Clinton, etc., they never resign and their caucus rallies around them. The Republicans, however, receiving similar accusations are expected to resign, while the rest of their party throws them under the bus. It has been rightly said that Moore's biggest problem is his party affiliation.