View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 11:55 AM   #32
TLFisher

Default Re: 'Ground of the Church'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
As someone who grew up in the LCM, it didn't take long for me to realize how committed LCers were to the ground of locality teaching. Before I even understood what the teaching entailed, I saw the passion for the teaching and assumed it must be really important.

Maybe that is why I never questioned the fact that we had to commute 30 miles to "meet locally." I was told that all other Christians were wrong for having so many different churches, but here we were, having to travel far and wide to practice a church model that was supposed to be practical.
Likewise being raised in the local church, you don't realize the attitude existing until you begin meeting with Christians who don't take LSM as their ministry of choice.
When I first moved my family to Renton in 1999, we'd make the 10 mile commute to Bellevue each LDM. Not all places have the convenience of being apple to drive to your fellowship of preference.
Take a real life situation. You could be a household living on the island of Maui. There are other Christians meeting as a church (Hope Chapel) and some even in the practice of home meetings, but since they're not taking LSM publications as the basis for fellowship, you're not open to meeting with any Christian who are not like-minded.
One could read this and say, "that's their right and opinion". I'd say yes it is, but it is not isolated. The locality I grew up in Southern California there's that behavior. Same in the present city I live in there's that behavior.
Ground of the Church is LSM.