View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 12:57 PM   #15
OBW

Default Re: What ever happened to Max Rappaport, John Ingells?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post
Just sharing my observations bro. Call it scrutinizing if you wish, but unlike the LRC I actually went to the fellowship (more than once), observed with my own eyes and ears, and then reported as to what I saw and heard. If you think I'm being overly critical, I can live with that. But please don't place my criticisms in the same category of the Local Church's "poor, poor Christianity" nonsense, cause what I posted is not even in the same league...not even close.
I don't think that we would intentionally duplicate the LRC's nastiness. But sometimes I like to remind myself as I think about other groups that my observations may still be somewhat colored by the LRC's skewed view of what should be.

And that is the reason that so many want to leave the LRC and duplicate it. Because they still think there is something almost magical about those teachings concerning ground, or stand, or something.

I'm far past being that way on a grand scale. But I still find myself thinking about certain of the leeks and garlic of the LRC. Just smaller amounts so that it is not immediately identifiable (to me) as having come from that storehouse of leeks and garlic.

Of course, we have to be careful that in throwing out leeks and garlic we don't throw our faith out with it.
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote