View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 07:52 AM   #512
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: The hypocrisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
-2>”It is interesting that this letter condemning Titus was made public by the BBs, yet if anyone responds, questions, or puts forth a defense then "it is beyond imagination" that this response is of the Lord.”

ZNP,

That is not what I said and this is a good example of how you change what I said to fit a narrative of your own creation.

First, my comments about “imagination” were not about the letter .... what was I referring to when I made those comments ZNP?
You did not give any details, nor did you point to a specific post. You mentioned the "frequency" which doesn't make sense since I have virtually stopped posting on this side of the forum except for this particular thread. You mentioned the content, again does not make sense since you can see in none of my posts do I even refer to anything that was a personal offense.

However, this response of yours popped up after I referenced the quarantine letter, which was the context of your response. Unless it was a non sequitur, in which case how is anyone to know what you are talking about?

Quote:
Second, I never objected to anyone responding, asking questions, or putting forth of a defense of the letter..... exactly what was my objection?
Don't know, why don't you clear that up for us.

Quote:
Third, you quoted me wrong and you quoted me out of text... we were not discussing if it were a response from the Lord. Quote me correctly and what was the context?

You are a person that demands righteousness from others.... then how about accurately representing what I stated.

Thanks,
Drake
I think it is clear that I did not understand your post.

This is the post in question:

"Sorry brother. According to your posts, their content and frequency, and the continual citing of decades old offenses.... you have not moved on, you have not forgiven those that offended you, and your approach of besmirching others for their failures, sins, and shortcomings of others is not "contending for the faith" by any stretch of the imagination.

And if you have examined yourself and found yourself to be without sins, failures, or shortcomings on what basis do you flip the Apostle's charge to examining others day in and day out? "

1. Content of my posts does not in any way refer to past offenses that I have. Therefore your conclusion does not makes sense.

2. Frequency -- I have virtually stopped posting on this side of the forum because I have moved on. This thread is different, it relates to contending for the faith. Again, this does not make any sense with your conclusion.

3. Yes, I have agreed that I do cite decades old offenses. Imagine the hypocrisy in complaining about this.
A. Letters requesting a meeting on this were ignored, including Fed Ex and registered mail.
B. phone calls were ignored.
C. When I do meet with Ed privately it is deemed inappropriate -- and they say "he doesn't want to deal with this now". So the plan is to ignore this long enough and then claim "that is decades old". The fact remains, it has not been dealt with.
D. Many complaints about Titus were also decades old. Pure hypocrisy.

I have already given the scriptural basis to examine others. Teachers are held to a higher standard. Jesus, set an example for us, and in that example he publicly castigated the Pharisees for similar sins.

Matthew 18 says if you are offended go privately to the the party (for 20 years several saints did this -- letters, phone calls, et.). If they refuse to hear take two or three with you -- I learned of this through the forum and so I am one of the "two or three" that approached Ed. If they still refuse to hear you (which they did and I document) tell it to the church.

So you have the authority to "tell it to the church" about Titus, and that is contending for the Faith, but if I "tell it to the church" it is beyond imagination that this is contending for the faith. The hypocrisy.