Thread: The Bible
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2016, 01:38 AM   #3
testallthings

Default Re: THE BIBLE

THE MAN OF GOD NEEDS THE WORD(S) OF GOD

2Ti 3:14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
2Ti 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works. (KJV)

If the Scriptures are not the word of God, how can the man of God “be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works?” If the Bible is not the word of God, we will just be man of man (more on this in another post).

God gave His oracles to the Jews (Rom 3:2 Much in every way! Because first of all, they were entrusted with the revelations of God. Act 7:38 This is he [Moses], that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sinai, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us...Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me. Luk 24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures)
God spoke in ancient times by the prophets, in the last days in the Son (Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds...)

The Son promised His disciples that the Holy Spirit will remind them of whatsoever He spoke to them.(Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. Joh 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me)

Plus, The H. S. will teach them “new” things. (Joh 16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. Joh 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. Joh 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.)

Heb 2:1 Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip. Heb 2:2 For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward; Heb 2:3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him; Heb 2:4 God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?

In his second epistle, Peter refers both to the words of the prophets as well as those of the apostles of the Lord and Savior (2Pe 3:1 This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance: 2Pe 3:2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour...)

In the same passage he considers Paul's writings as scriptures (2Pe 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; 2Pe 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.)

Paul testifies that:
1. his words were the commandments of the Lord (1Co 14:36 What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only?
1Co 14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord. 1Co 14:38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.)

2. His words were not the words of man but of God ( 1Th 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe. 1Th 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.)

John received the Revelation, which God gave to the Lord Jesus, which in turn He shew to his servants through His angel (Rev 1:1 Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave to him, to shew to his bondmen what must shortly take place; and he signified it , sending by his angel, to his bondman John, Rev 1:2 who testified the word of God, and the testimony of Jesus Christ, all things that he saw.)

In the end, the Bible (or the Scriptures) are the word of God, spoken by the prophets, by the Son, and by His apostles (disciples).

2Ti 3:16 Every scripture is divinely inspired, and profitable for teaching, for conviction, for correction, for instruction in righteousness;
2Ti 3:17 that the man of God may be complete, fully fitted to every good work. (Darby)