View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 07:07 PM   #20
Freedom

Default Re: Two Year Training Testimonies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
As for job prospects? After I graduated I spent a few years on the unemployment benefit, unable to get work. I went to China to teach English because I couldn't get a job in New Zealand. Now that I'm back in NZ I'm starting my own business to make money because I still can't get a job, being in my 30s and having only waitering and English-teaching as work experience. Doing two years of NZTC can't take the full blame for that but it certainly didn't help. Its basically just a huge gap on my CV.
Attending the FTT requires an extraordinary level of commitment, particularly having to set aside two full years of one's life. I’ve known quite a few who have attended, and I always thought it was a bit sad when they were pressured to make that kind of commitment, not realizing the consequences of what it entailed.

Putting a career on hiatus for two years after graduating college is not something most people would consider to be advisable. And there’s no reason why people should be expected or pressured to have to make such a decision. But those doing the pressuring don’t care about the consequences of attending the FTT, they just care about getting people into the training.

I know FTT graduates who have good degrees, and they had trouble finding good work due to the inexplicable ‘gap’ in their resume. Some of them knew they wouldn’t be able to find work so they resorted to “serving full-time” for a while in attempt to postpone the inevitable. Others graduated and couldn’t decide on any meaningful direction for their life.
Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote