View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 12:55 PM   #60
Ohio

Default Re: How Many Are Former Members Of The Local Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
First, I have never heard Brother Lee bash once, never mind continually, Billy Graham. I provided a quote representative of the type of things I heard from Brother Lee and others say about Billy Graham.
Your quote was NOT "representative of the type of things I heard from Brother Lee and others say about Billy Graham." In fact, the quote you provided was from 1958 in Taiwan, long before Lee even moved to this country.

How about quoting something said during your (and my) tenure? I doubt much will be found because this stuff got edited out.

To be honest, I heard little from Lee derogatory on Graham. I heard it mostly from others. There was a trickle down effect. Lee would regularly and constantly condemn all of poor, poor Christianity. Then all he had to say privately was "Billy Graham doesn't see the church" and his minions run with it.

I definitely heard Lee say, "anyone can get people saved, but who can raise them up?" This pathetic distortion of the truth implied that over all the earth only Witness Lee was actually "raising people up."

Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote