View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 07:42 AM   #144
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Re: Poor, poor Christianity...

Jim Bakker is a laughing stock, and deserves to be. No serious Christians have EVER taken him seriously. He shamed himself, his "followers" and the Lord's name with gross financial maleficence. He taught strange and heretical teachings.

.....now wait minute....this reminds me of another red letter example of poor, poor Christianity...and one we're all too familiar with. Mr Witness Lee. Lots of similarities between Bakker and Lee. No serious Christians outside of his little sect have EVER taken Witness Lee seriously. And I hate to admit it, but if more people actually knew anything about him, or the absurd and outrageous things he and his followers have claimed for him, well...lets just say that there would be quite a bit of humorous jabbing directed at The One Minister with the One Ministry for the Age.

"Gross financial maleficence"? Forcing the sale of a church owned property/meeting halls to repay personal debts? Attempting to sneak bars of gold through customs? International money laundering schemes employed under the guise of overpriced motorhomes, tennis rackets and cheap chairs? Funneling the hard earned "donations" of church members to his son's when he knew very well they would use the money on alcohol, prostitutes and $10,000 Rolex watches?

Now that I think of it...Lee and Company don't really deserve to be categorized with poor, poor Christianity after all - A more accurate label would be "rich, rich Christianity"!!

As for strange and heretical teachings....well, don't get me started on that.

-
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote