View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 04:34 PM   #4
Jo S

Default Re: Eating & Drinking Jesus Daily - who emphasizes this besides the LC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sons to Glory! View Post
Hmm, boy I'm glad I only have to eat just once to sustain my physical life! Oh wait, no I dont and no I'm not glad - because I like to eat, and I get to do it a number of times today! If I didn't eat frequently, my energy would suffer greatly (except the energy to find something to eat).

And why do we do the Lord's Table more than once?

And what about drinking - we have to do that even more often . . . is there perhaps a picture there? What I think you're saying sounds a little like the idea that "I've got my ticket punched, now I don't need anything until I go to heaven," doesn't it?

"As the dear panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God." Psalm 42:1
Even though you need to continually eat and drink to sustain physical life, you still die in the end. The same is with the mystical approach to spirituality. You can eat and drink of all the spiritual experiences you can handle but in the end it eventually leads to separation from God.

Scripture says that those born of God will have rivers of living water flowing out of their belly. Your interpretations imply that our belly needs filling as if we were dehydrated and devoid of Christ.

Interpreting the bible through mysticism makes Christianity sound appealingly mysterious and esoteric but in reality what this does is it twists the truth 180 degrees.

Christ said not to give thought to what we eat or drink. The same is with our spiritual needs. If you have faith in God, He will provide. The ongoing process of sanctification in a Christian's life is a work of God, not a work of our own.
Jo S is offline   Reply With Quote