Thread: Brainwashing
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2017, 07:32 PM   #91
LifeGoesOn

Default Re: Brainwashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
No amount of verbiage or arguments can turn this light on. It hit's suddenly like "The Vision" hits in the LC.

It's good we're having these discussions, but don't expect them to turn LCer's toward the door.

The day before I suddenly saw that I was in a cult, would have found me not in anyway able to believe it if told so ; no amount of arguments, of the most rigorous sort, would have convinced me.

I had to see it. Actually I'm embarrassed. I'm thick, and stubborn. It had to be put in my face, for me to admit it.
My LSM conditioning resulted in the same mind-bending (see, I used a different word there ) on my part as well.

"Cult"?!!! "Cult"??? We don't wear matching track suits. We're not held up in a compound. What ever do you mean?

It's funny, I "drank the Kook-Aid" and blindly condemned or at least agreed with the condemnation of those who left the LC. And had you told me that I was in a cult I would have laughed in your face.

I actually didn't realize that the LC is a cult until after I left. I saw just how much the LSM materials and mind bending have infected my being.

It really became evident when I tried to have the Lord's Supper with a group of current, but not regularly meeting LC friends of mine. We met and sang hymns. When the matter of having communion came up there was an unholy terror in their eyes as the boogeyman known as "the Ground of Oneness" reared its ugly head and snuffed out that candle before it ever got lit.

The G.O.O. has been incorrectly defined, misused and weaponized by the LC to be used as a tool of control and fear. The saints were deathly afraid of "taking the ground in a city that the LC had already laid claim to. Mind you, these were saints who were starting to wake up to the LC system and were disillusioned with it.
John‬ 8:31-32‬
LifeGoesOn is offline   Reply With Quote