View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 03:45 PM   #177
Evangelical

Default Re: How many people have heard of LSM/Lee/Recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by A little brother View Post
I will hold my reply because I was discussing with Drake.

Anyway, you seem to have rejected Drake's idea that by Jesus perfect life living in us, we can live a life that is satisfying to God, a life that fulfills all the righteous requirements of the law.
I don't believe Drake meant that.

Only Christ can satisfy God, the law has nothing to do with it. " Only Christ can satisfy God." ~ "The Crucified Christ", W. Lee.

Read this verse carefully again:

Gal 3:2 The only thing I want to learn from you is this: Did you receive the Spirit by doing the works of the law or by believing what you heard?

It is only by belief that we satisfy God. God shows His satisfaction with us by granting us His Spirit, while we are still "law-breakers" -

The law is not for the righteous (i.e. believers) but for unbelievers:
1 Tim 1:9 We also know that the law is made not for the righteous...

Believers are not under law but grace:

Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you; for ye are not under law, but under grace.

Drake seems to be referring to practical Christian perfection but so far in this discussion we have not been discussing about practical perfection but saving righteousness so I don't see that as relevant. Lee's footnote in Micah is clearly about salvation, that it is man's concept (Micah's) that keeping the law satisfies God (for saving righteousness).
Evangelical is offline   Reply With Quote