View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 02:35 PM   #173
A little brother

Default Re: How many people have heard of LSM/Lee/Recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
alb>"What I want to further explore is about the "keeping the law" idea which you seem to reject. I agree that we do not keep the law in order to be righteous and it is not the condition of salvation. But if we can follow the Spirit and manifest the fruit of the Spirit as you said, do you agreed that we actually have kept the law? "

Alb,

Almost. I agree that by cooperating with the Lord in us, that His life lived out of us will issue in an expression of the Spirit that fulfills the righteous requirements of the law. An important "and" follows here... And when we fail to follow the Lord, when we sin, when we have shortcomings, it is His ever efficacious blood that cleanses us, clears our conscience, and restores our fellowship with Him that we may continue on our journey in His life.
Agree. I think it is important that we have the desire to follow God's command. We try, we may fail but we know God's sacred blood will cover us. And we then press on. It is totally different from saying the law is replaced and we don't try living out even the lightest matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I use the phrase "keeping the law" in refering to effort.... in the same way Paul chastised the Galatians who having begun with the Spirit were bewitched into an effort to keep the law... a work of the flesh.

Are we there on this one?

Drake
Almost. It is more about the reason/heart in keeping the law than the effort. I think Paul chastised the Galatians because some people wanted to "make a good show in the flesh" (Gal 6:12) and they followed.

Paul himself labored hard for the gospel. Effort does not always equal work of flesh.
A little brother is offline   Reply With Quote