View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 09:37 AM   #71
Drake

Default Re: How many people have heard of LSM/Lee/Recovery

Alb,

Evangelical has provided you a very detailed and scholarly explanation including the grammatical construction of v8. Consider his response thoughtfully and you will be helped. I would add this much...

You can create any narrative you want by taking a snippet as you have done with the slicing and dicing of the footnote in Micah 6:8, but when you consider the entire footnote Brother Lee’s meaning becomes clear. Furthermore, if you read the four short chapters of the Lifestudy of Micah, particularly Message 3, the entire context of this footnote becomes even more clear. Even the weightier matters of the law, justice and mercy, must give way to Christ. Brother Lee speaks very highly of the prophets in their speaking concerning Christ but sometimes they fell into talking about small things like weights and measures as Micah does in 6:10-11. This is all part of the context of Micah 6 and the point of the footnote. You have already conceded that not every word spoken by the prophets reflect the divine thought and attitude which is Brother Lee’s point too. If your error is simply misinterpretation of the construct of v8 then it is understandable and the explanation provided by Evangelical should clear that up. However, since you have yet to acknowledge the point of the footnote that Christ has replaced the law and God’s people should follow Christ and not the law then your understanding of this truth of the Christian faith remains dubious. I don’t really know what you think about that. That is why I asked you to establish that so we could find agreement or not because frankly, if you don’t understand that great truth of the Christian faith then contention over your snippets don’t matter at all.

Regards,
Drake
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote