View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 08:38 PM   #590
JJ

Default Re: How Much To Throw Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERn View Post
I want to testify that I am so happy to be in a real local church. I'm getting to know several people. The Lord is so active. One brother meets on Friday nights with people from the Salvation Army where he preaches and ministers (he is a layman), another brother runs a satellite tv service broadcasting the gospel and programs in Arabic, a sister is working with exploited children mainly girls, another brother is allowing a couple of people to live with them as they try to start a new church in a different denomination, two sisters organize MOPS mothers of preschool children ministry where the moms can meet for bible study and fellowship with daycare provided. I'm sorry, but the so-called recovery is impoverished compared to what the Lord is doing in His "other" churches. Why are they so blinded, narrow, and judgmental?
I've witnessed the same sorts of functioning of the many parts of the body in my community church, and true oneness with all other genuine believers in the City over the essentials of the faith, regardless of where they attend (that is much more biblical than what I see in today's "recovery").
JJ is offline   Reply With Quote