View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 09:04 AM   #27
Ohio

Default Re: The Church in Sardis prefigures the Protestant Reformation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
I wonder what Witness Lee's definition of 'christless' was. Did he give one? Did he have an objective referent? Or was this the "so subjective" Christ within him, and enabling him to compare his portion with others?

Jesus continually taught the disciples to take the last place. Paul confirmed this by urging us to think of others more highly.

Those who thought of themselves great on earth will not be great in heaven. Those who are great in this age will not be great in the age to come. Those who point out how 'christless' other believers are, are in danger of the same judgment on themselves.
His only scriptural basis was Rev 3.20 "Behold I stand at the door and knock." What is so hypocritical in Lee's conclusions here is that he expounds all of the other promises (each of 7 churches have specific promises) as to individual overcomers, yet here in the promise to the church at Laodicea, Lee identifies the hearers as every church except his LC's. Footnotes 1 and 2 of Rev 3.20 clearly state this.

One can also accurately state that the Lord stands at the door of every LC in the Recovery and knocks, hoping to come in and dine with each of them.

As you posted, "with what judgment you judge, you will be judged." It is totally unbelievable that his followers once believed that the entire body of Christ (outside of earshot from Lee) was absolutely Christless.