View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 05:56 PM   #8
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBW View Post

What is an apostle.
My interest, past and present, is not so much to define what defines an apostle, but who is the church's apostle? This has been a core issue to recent conflicts. For a GLA church, is our apostle in Anaheim, or is he in Cleveland, or is he local. This touches the core of church decision making and the appointment of elders.

Some claim we are Anaheim's fruit. Some claim we are Cleveland's fruit. Some, like me, say we are neither. Unfortunately, I and a few others became the "silent minority," or should I say the "silenced minority." For outsiders to make claims on a local church, is for them to operate as "bishops," or worse "lords."

Mike, I don't believe we can answer your question without also asking what are bishops. LSM pays lip-service to the condemnation of the bishopric, the false ecclesiology first promoted by Ignatius, but comparing their extra-local actions today to the "evils of the bishopric," what could possibly be different? Am I missing something? Taking this further, how different is an "deputized authority of the body" and a present day Cardinal.

I personally believe that improper definitions of "apostleship" have gotten us into the mess we are in.