View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 10:49 AM   #658
zeek

Default Re: Bible Versus Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNPaaneah View Post
No, why do keep on trying to put words into my mouth. Man is made of three parts: Spirit, Soul and Body. All men. Saved and unsaved. The worldly system tries to make us fleshly and soulish and ignore our spirit until our conscience is scarred so bad it no longer functions. As a result there is a large percentage of people who are fleshly and soulish. That is true of Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Agnostics, etc. But among all of these groups, and many others I haven't enumerated there are those who are spiritual. Paul in Romans talked about those who did not know the law walking according to the law.

The problem is for all non saved people who try to be spiritual is what to do about sin? All have sinned, and all therefore need a propitiation for that sin. If you do not deal with sin it will deaden your conscience. Hence the caricature of the spiritual monk sitting alone on a mountain top. That is the disadvantage for all non Christians who try to be spiritual. But Jesus made it clear that there are many sheep and not all are goats.

The advantage all born again Christians have is that when they are redeemed the blood cleansed them and renewed their spirit. But like a garden if you don't take care of it, then it will soon be overrun by weeds again.
I'm trying to clarify how you view people who don't share your religion. I'm doing that by re-phrasing what you say in my own words. If I'm wrong please correct me. From the above I get that you think some non-Christians try to be spiritual but they fail.

Ken Gemmer- Church in Detroit, Church in Fort Lauderdale, Church in Miami 1973-86

zeek is offline   Reply With Quote