Thread: A Word of Love
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 01:19 AM   #12
countmeworthy

Default Re: A Word of Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Reaading on another thread jarred my memory from an excerpt of a Word of Love. The brother who Witness Lee was referring to in this portion I believe is Bill Freeman.

Later, after further consideration with the Lord, I felt that I had received a clear word and that it was the Lord’s timing to respond. I felt to tell him, "You are a division, and whatever you do in your place is a division because you cut your meeting off from all the churches in the recovery. Moreover, you like to visit the rebellious ones and stand with them. You should realize that all the churches are one Body. You cannot stand alone, separate from the other churches. If you do, you are a division." In Corinth some said, “I am of Paul, and I of Apollos, and I of Cephas, and I of Christ” (1 Cor. 1:12). Paul condemned them for this. Even if you say that you are of Christ, that is a division. It is as if Paul said to them, “Is Christ divided? Why do you say that you are of Paul? Do not be of me. I am of you, and we all are of Christ.” First Corinthians 1 shows us that there should not be any differences among us. No one is of Cephas, no one is of Apollos, no one is of Paul, the highest apostle, and no one is even of Christ separately from others. We all are of Christ, who is not divided.[/B]"
A Word of Love page 20

Thoughts?
UGH ! First off, I hate when people say "I feel I have a clear word from the Lord" or anything similar.. how can a person (especially from the LC) be sure that what they 'feel' is 'from the Lord' ? Why do they bring 'the Lord' into their decisions? Imo, that person probably thinks they have leverage to stand on OR feel more credible by implying "the Lord told me to say this to you".

2ndly...this piece proves if it wasn't Lee's way, it was the highway. I also hate when people use scriptures to intimidate people and overpower them. What if Freeman would have used those same scriptures to trump Lee before Lee used them against Freeman?

I really dislike being around self righteous people.
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote