View Single Post
Old 11-22-2016, 07:52 AM   #18
Ohio

Default Re: I've been reading for about 8 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnHisPath View Post
Ohio, the experiences you've shared here have given me evidence to go along with my misgivings about the LC. I saw a lot of ministry serving behavior (at the expense of individuals) displayed, but I initially found this forum after hearing about the rift in the Midwest and taking to google. I remember being so shocked, and also feeling a bit vindicated that all the hypocrisy and oppression I "felt" from the ministry was indeed manifest. Almost as shocking was the way it was kept quiet and hushed in most other parts of the country. Anything to cover the "brothers".
Like you, I have to guard against my natural propensity for judgement and bitterness being turned on members of the LC.
I always distinguish between the lovely saints I knew and the rottenness of the LC/LSM leaders.

For example, I migrated to start up two new churches with other saints, only to later watch them hurt and damaged by manipulations from outsiders. In both cases there was a battle between headquarters in Cleveland and Anaheim over who had the "rights" to draft our ministering elders. So much for our so-called liberty to follow the Lord.