View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 03:48 PM   #60
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: "God died on the cross."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
For centuries in Christianity it was believed that Jesus's blood was not human, but only divine, coming directly from God the Father and not Mary the mother.

Why is the blood of Christ precious? Because it is divine. His blood is eternal and infallible. If Christ's blood was temporal, then we could not "plead the blood" today.

You said "This in turn led to the erroneous conclusion that it was God's blood when it was shed. "

It was God's blood before, during and after the crucifixion - Jesus never had a human-blood transfusion.

Death can be seen as the separation of the soul from the body.

Death can also be seen as the spilling of blood. Hence when God's blood is spilled, it is God's death. "The life is in the blood" - God's life left Christ. When the human life leaves the body, that is called "human death". When God's life left Christ's body, that is "God's death".

I believe Luther was correct when he wrote ""God died," "God's passion," "God's blood," "God's death." "

Dennis Ngien (Professor of Systematic Theology at Tyndale University College and Seminary in Toronto and Research Scholar in Theology at Blackfriars Hall, Oxford University. ) in a book "A Faith Worth Believing, Living, and Commending" writes

"Here is no surrogate. God Himself died a real death".

"The greatest marvel of the gospel is that the divinity was present in the Cross".
This is such superstitious drivel.

I have no interest in your ravings. Share the verse with me that you are talking about.

The word became flesh -- yes we all agree.

Jesus was born of a virgin -- yes we all agree.

God gave his son as a lamb -- He was in the likeness of sin yet without sin -- we all agree.

None of that is the question. The question is at what time did the human blood of Jesus become "God's blood"? That happened at the ascension. I have provided numerous verses to this effect. When you are asked to do the same you wiggle and squirm out of it.

How could Jesus blood be "God's blood" before the ascension? Jesus death was a peace offering to God.

I have leather shoes, they are mine, that does not imply that they were made from my skin.